School Caretaker and Minibus Driver
Norfolk House School, Edgbaston, Birmingham
£19,500 – £20,500 pa
Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Generous holiday entitlement
Company pension scheme
Start as soon as possible
Deadline for applications:
Norfolk House School is a happy and thriving independent school for boys and girls aged 3 to 11 years. It prides itself on its family atmosphere and nurturing ethos.
We are looking for a trustworthy, enthusiastic and committed caretaker and minibus driver to join our friendly team.
Duties will include:
- Being responsible for the safety, security and maintenance of the premises and grounds.
- Carrying out such checks of the premises and tests of equipment as are necessary to meet Health and Safety requirements, and to maintain appropriate records of the same.
- Carrying out basic maintenance and emergency cleaning duties.
- Liaising with contractors.
- Driving the school’s minibus in a lawful, responsible and competent manner, ensuring the safety and welfare of passengers and other road users.
- Ensuring that the minibus is roadworthy and compliant with all applicable regulations.
- Maintaining accurate vehicle and user records.
- Undertaking such training and assessment as is necessary for the role.
The successful candidate will have:
- a good understanding of Health and Safety regulations and how they apply in a school environment;
- a commitment to safeguarding children;
- experience of keeping work records;
- very good literacy and numeracy skills;
- a full D1 PCV entitlement and the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence, or will obtain the same by passing the appropriate medical, theory and practical examinations (as arranged by the school);
- a positive and professional outlook;
- the ability to work as part of a collaborative team as well as independently;
- a willingness to undertake such training and assessment as is relevant to the role; and
- an ability to work to deadlines.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
To apply for this job, please complete an application form (below) and email it to the Office Manager, Sarah Conley, at email@example.com
Closing date Wednesday 21st April, 12pm.
‘We truly feel that we are in a great partnership with the school for [our daughter’s] education. She enjoys coming to school every day and has developed a genuine love for school and her teachers’.