Ethos and Aims
The School’s ethos is founded in a number of core beliefs which underpin its relationship with members of its own community and society in general.
- A safe, caring and happy environment is the essential foundation for a child’s development.
- Each child is an individual with their own unique blend of abilities, needs, ideas and aspirations, and should be nurtured as such.
- Each child deserves the opportunity to achieve their full potential in every field of endeavour.
- Education is an exciting, fulfilling, life-long process which we are privileged to guide in its early stages.
- Respect, fairness, tolerance and compassion should always characterise our approach towards others.
- Service to the wider community is central to our outlook.
- Religious, cultural and social diversity is to be valued and celebrated.
In seeking to give full effect to its ethos, the school aims to do the following:
- To foster a culture in which the safeguarding of each child is paramount.
- To promote a positive, supportive, family atmosphere which empowers each child to learn, develop and thrive.
- To provide pastoral care which supports and nurtures each child as an individual.
- To encourage and challenge each child to develop fully their skills and interests, whilst ensuring that they are not afraid to make mistakes.
- To fuel each child’s passion for learning with a curriculum which is stimulating, exciting and challenging.
- To encourage independent thought and intellectual curiosity.
- To emphasise in every area of school life the importance of honesty, good manners, goodwill and mutual respect.
- To inspire each child to be a caring and responsible citizen who strives to make a positive contribution to the community.
- To acknowledge and celebrate the rich diversity of religious, cultural and social backgrounds within the school community and beyond.